Sponsored by:

Wheel alignment problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wheel alignment problems!!!

Heys guys,
I don't know if this is the rite place for this r not. If not let me know an I'll try there.. I have a 69 Camaro with 17 inch wheels an when I have it wheel alignment done they use stock numbers! An I wear the front tires out way to fast, the wheels ride on the inside of the tires an I need new tires now an I still have like 60% life left on them!! Does anyone know what numbers to put for the wheel alignment? They guys said if I had numbers to use they would do it but If not then they got to use stock numbers to alignment by! So any help would be great guys am tried of buy front tires befor I need to.
Thanks jason
Old 08-21-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would take it to a shop that understands proper alignment for performance cars,these guys seem to be "set the toe and let it go" robots.Do a search for Global West or Hotchkis,they will have the specs you need.It is also typical for the front crossmember to "sag" on many GM frames,especially big block cars,you may also have to get some offset upper cross shafts to get things back in the ball park.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a BBC In the car now but when I had a sbc it did it on the 15 rallies just not this bad. An am going to go 18's after this winter an the ls1 just wish I could find someone that know their junk around here u know