Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fox k member qa1 help

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fox k member qa1 help

ok so i just bought a fox roller with a qa1 k member, qa1 coilovers, and qa1 control arms. now i want to go lsx in this mustang but i think aje is the only kmember for an lsx swap right? will my coilovers and control arms bolt on to the aje k member or can i easily modify my qa1 for the lsx engine? thanks
Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running a qa1 k in my fox with a lm7. I fab'd my own set of adapter mounts.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by trav-tech
I'm running a qa1 k in my fox with a lm7. I fab'd my own set of adapter mounts.
sounds like something i would be able to do, would you happen to have pics on those custom mounts so that i could get an idea of how you did it? i just picked up a roller with a qa1 k member and i'm also planning on doing the lsx swap. thanks in advance.

edit, saw ur build thread!!! good stuff man!!! saved your pics and now i have something to go by for fabricarion!!! thanks a million!!

Last edited by lsvpeter; 11-29-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Teching In

just saw ur build thread!! found the pics of your custom mounts for the qa1 k member lsx swap! and let me say, they look amazing! good fab work! now i have something solid to go by thats proven to work! i was so close to selling my qa1 k to buy the famous AJE!!

THANKS AGAIN!!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lsvpeter
just saw ur build thread!! found the pics of your custom mounts for the qa1 k member lsx swap! and let me say, they look amazing! good fab work! now i have something solid to go by thats proven to work! i was so close to selling my qa1 k to buy the famous AJE!!

THANKS AGAIN!!
Thank you sincerely for being smart enough to use the search function and find out the details on your question. Far too many people come in here asking vague questions that have been covered 100 times before. Good luck with the build if you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Going through this right now and I can tell you that the Qa1 with the upr solid mounts and ls adapter plates for the mounts do not work with a power steering rack.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been looking at this for the past hour or so. Seems the combination of the upr solid 4.6 mounts with the ls1 adapter plates on the Qa1 kmember just does not have the engine sitting up high enough to clear anything. The power steering rack sits up almost 4" from the center of the mounts. This would dang near have it sitting inside the engine block. Seems these mounts just have the engine sitting WAY too low for any oil pan to work.

Guess it is time to fab up my own mounts. First thing first I have to check and see where the 4L80E transmission is going to sit to see how high I can go with the motor.

Quick Reply: fox k member qa1 help