Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuse rating on 4 wire hot rod loom?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuse rating on 4 wire hot rod loom?

Hi, I've got a 4 wire "hot rod" loom for my 2003 LS1, which works great for testing etc....but now I'm doing the final fitting I'm fitting the fuse boxes etc I want to get the ratings correct.

I'm assuming that to get the loom down to 4 wires that a lot of 12V feeds are combined ? As a result how can I know what fuse ratings to use? I have one heavy permanent 12v wire (should I fuse it? what rating?) one thin red wire and a heavy red wire which are both hot when key is on (I'm assuming these are coil and injector feeds etc?) What fuse ratings should these be? I know that in the original car they were about 15 amp, but thats before they were combined with other things.

Any info gratefully recieved.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since I do not know what is being powered. I would have to defer to either factory manual or the vendor who put the harness together..

The battery most likely will be 30amp. Not sure what the other wires are powering. Could be anything from 15amp to 30amp.???. you need to see what is being powered by each of those 4 wires before we could really give you any answer..

Quick Reply: fuse rating on 4 wire hot rod loom?