Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to de-pin my swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to de-pin my swap

Ok so I re-pinned my 98' LS1 pcm plugs to a 99' config and going to run the #12200411 pcm. I'm ready to start cleaning up and de-pinning. Can I just run down the 99' diagram and delete ANYTHING that says or has to do with A.C/ Trans/Emissions besides front O2's/Cruise/Fuel Tank? Here is my rundown.

1981 Chevy C10 1/2 to 2wd
Engine and harness from 1998 F-body LS1/T56 drive by cable
PCM #12200411 Vats/Emissions turned off and all unneeded
A.C./Heater- None

Fuel Pump Sys.- Pretty much standalone in-line vette filter

Emissions-Turned-off and looking to depin

Trans- Th-350(Vacuum lockup) with Dakota VSS
Park Neutral wired into stock truck switch
Speedometer-Cable

Cruise-None

Guages- Stock

Cooling- Stock Fbody rad and fans

Fuel tank- Stock truck

Pretty much the simplest setup anyone could aks for lol
Old 12-10-2011, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you seem to have a handle on what you need to know.. just double check everything to make sure you don't leave out anything that needs to be in the harness..

best to lay it out or lay on the engine with the connection connected. then see what you can remove.. and double check which pin.

But as you can see, there are many threads to read on doing this and what you can delete.

Good luck

BC
Old 12-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bczee
you seem to have a handle on what you need to know.. just double check everything to make sure you don't leave out anything that needs to be in the harness..

best to lay it out or lay on the engine with the connection connected. then see what you can remove.. and double check which pin.

But as you can see, there are many threads to read on doing this and what you can delete.

Good luck

BC
Thanks much bczee. I just really didn't want to have to crack the whole harness back to sensors. But I guess its the only true way to find out. Still unsure of ditchin emissions for a couple reasons. People say its not much if at all of a performance loss. I just don't want the added need of replacing sensors/electric load/another thing to fix.

Any Arizona boyz wanna chime in on problems with emissions stations and swaps. I will have everything lookin like it works and no OBD2 port(at that time) but what standards do they have to go by? The truck or the motor? Do they wanna try and scan it? I have been ROUNDS with my station SEVERAL times with every veh I have owned soooo and half the reason for the swap! I would send the little blondie in there but the managers a bull-nose.......

I had a 88' 4 door shortbed turbo'd TBI 5.7 built to the hilt and when the lil ricer dude popped the hood on it first question asked was. "Dude is this a diesel"????? Really? So one by one they came over, fap fap fap.......fap fap. Didn't look for sh*t and said "dude thats dope, pull up." lololol but that was another station.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Agree. you don't have to removed the A/C or Emmission part of the harness.. check to see what you will need to use to pass a State Smog Check..

Most state Smog tests are based on Calif C.A.R.B standards.. so. you well have to use a newer engine that is the same or newer year than your truck. then to recert it to the Engine's standard (year and model of the car/truck it came from)

But since your using a 99+ "411" PCM.. you well have to match up all of the 99+ LS1 smog equipement (Cats, intake, exhaust, EGR, PCV, EVAP, etc). You will need to reflash the PCM with a new program and VIN.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Ok BC I appreciate it.Thank you for your time buddy. I'm havin mrk performance turn everything off in the pcm. Hopefully it will be runnin soon and I can go fight with emissions with this ONE. We'll see....
Old 12-11-2011, 01:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Keep me posted, as one of these days, I will have to do a Smog legal swap myself... living California !
Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Will do BC. I don't think it would be to hard depending on the application. But ya never know with CALIFORNIA! Our year for emissions is even farther behind than yours (1968) and I think you guys are up to 1975??? Our collector plates have like a 2500?? mile per yr cap to

Quick Reply: Time to de-pin my swap