Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oldmobile motor mount question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oldmobile motor mount question

I am new here and planning my first swap this coming year. I have an '84 Olds Delta 88 with the 307 and 200r4. I picked up on a 2002 4.8 truck engine and I plan to buy a 4L60e trans.
While its cold before I tear it apart I want to start getting together parts I need.

I have found a number of motor mount adapter plates online for sale but I'm not sure if the olds sb uses the same as chevy. Or if the adapter plates that retrofit SB chevy will work for my SB Olds.

Does anybody know?
Old 12-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

I think you'll find the 307 you have is a chevy motor so mounts should work with the conversion ones.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:46 PM

No, the 307 is an Oldsmobile small block and completely different than the chevy but I dont know if the mounts are different.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You will need to pick up some Chevy type engine frame stands (SBC / 350 ones) for a Impala. The Frames are the Same for GM B-Body's... You might have to drill some one mounting holes or just weld the stands on.

Just research for other B-body swaps (Impala/Caprice), that should get you going as far as type and different mounts. . But generally the SBC swap info.

The later B-Body with EFI/TBI gas tanks should swap right in and just need to change the pump out. Also if you find a Wagon or sedan with HD brake, you can swap them in and you'll have 12" front disk brakes (if you don't already have them), You can also get some 3rd Gen 1LE slotted / drilled rotor which will also swap right on.

Good Luck

BC
Old 10-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Teching In

I am contemplating on doing a LS swap in my 1978 Olds Delta 88! Does the rear end need to be swaped out to do the conversion?

Quick Reply: Oldmobile motor mount question