Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED ADVICE!!! on a 6.0 build for my notch.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow NEED ADVICE!!! on a 6.0 build for my notch.

ok so i just baught a lq4 for $500 from a junk yard..

i need need to kno what i should be using since im new to this lsx thing.its gonna be a carb motor 100% possibly E85 and i wanna make around 600 r.w.h.p
i wanna run l-92 heads witch are getting worked ...im kinda on a budget of 3-3500 bones and already paid my engine builder so thats taken care of already...i want at least 13:1 that will be good for the e85 ...i just have a few part questions

what carb intake should i use

cam?

piston,rods ( be easy im on a budget lol )

since im going with a carb set up i kinda dnt wanna use the coil on plug set up so what can i do about a distribitor and how much do they run and IF i decide to use the coil on plug set up how will i get that to work with a carb in a 93 notchback mustang??

how much power can a stock lq4 block and crank hold and should i just go with a full stroker kit?

im gonna be spraying the **** out this motor so nitrous friendly is a plus.

i want a honest 550- 600 WHP closer to 6 to reach what i wanna do to my car how much power do u think i can spray on a stock block and crank with w.e aftermarket rods and pistons i go with?

i wanna go big on the bottle like close to 300 shot between 2 stages im building a grudge car and reading up on the ls motors and lq motors made me decide to join the ls world cause i crack the stock 5.0 blocks alot on spray and want to build one to last a few years with minimal services done to it...

lmk your input fellas thx for lookin!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:25 AM
On The Tree

I would go with the victor Jr intake/msd control module, its $689 in summit. I'm pretty new to ls engines, but I don't see a way to run a distributor. I would also guess your going to need a bigger budget to reach your goals. The rest Idk, only building experience is with lt1, sorry.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

im doing a turbo lq4 in my notch but was going to do nitrous originally. i would do the vic jr intake with msd6010 to control the stock coils(truck coils good for 1k+ hp) and if your going to use e85 i would try for 14 to 1 if you can. if its proper built you should be able to hit 600rwhp on only a small shot. it should make 450rwhp or so on motor

Quick Reply: NEED ADVICE!!! on a 6.0 build for my notch.