Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lm7 and other ls questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lm7 and other ls questions

I want to start collecting parts for an ls build in a 70 camaro. I am new to this and doing as much research as possible but it would be nice to get some answers fast (so i can make some offers on parts before they disappear) rather then reading through a million threads.

1 a local guy has a lm7 5.3 for sale it has 100,000 on it hes asking $700, it come with entire harness and ecm is this a good deal?

2 another local guy has a slp high flow fuel pump, tank and all fuel lines from a 01 z28. I figured i should be able to use the fuel pump and possibly the lines. Am i correct in this thought?

3 another guy had a set of ls1 heads casting number 241 with fresh valve job and z06 springs he is asking $200. Is this a good deal and are these heads better then the ones on a lm7?

I would appreciate any help and if you see i'm overlooking something here, please speak up
Old 05-10-2012, 05:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1. Offer $550 for the motor, with that many miles.
2. Pass on this one. There are parts that would be easier to adapt to your car.
3. Pass on this one. The LM7 heads are fine.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with LS1MCSS on the price for the motor considering I paid $750 for my 100k mile LM7 with tranny, partial harness, pcm, tac module, and pedal setup. Same with the camaro tank> But I would say the heads could be a good deal if you were thinking of going forced induction. They would lower the compression and flow better with the bigger intake valve. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Lm7 and other ls questions