Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

park / n switch wiring ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default park / n switch wiring ?

03 yukon dbw 5.3 with 4l60e . 2 plug style switch on tranny.

if i read the info correctly i dont need the big plug half to run correctly in stand alone.

i did the non emmision removal with just engine/tranny only from lt1swap.com

i tested the wire out that he said to have as outputs to external devices.

pink was power in to top half and dark green was p/n triggered positions. but i cant get reverse to trigger by rolling the switch by hand as its not on the tranny.

i am using a dvom set on beep mode to verify pin outs.

i will be using the 85 truck park/n/reverse on the steering colume in the truck to run the wires for reverse and park .

if i have this wrong then help me verify it and learn a little somthing thanks.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well got to playll the pink wires and found i missed a 2nd power in to the big plug on the switch .

so for all others out there the first gen park / n / reverse switch on the outside of the tranny case has 2 power wires .

1 smaller ga. pink from fuse block = 1 small green wire same ga. wire as feed. this is park/n position.

1 larger ga. pink from fuse block = 1 larger gray wire same ga. wire as feed. this is the reverse ( lt1swap.com labled as trailer reverse wire ) .

same larger pink ga. pink feed = 1 larger light green same ga. wire out for park only position.

hope this helps someone later.

p.s. i was never good at wiring unless i ran it all my self from scratch. but the older i get and no one looking over my shoulder the better i get. its true wisdom comes with age.