Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsx wiring harness fuses

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lsx wiring harness fuses

well Im almost done my engine harness for my swap, all I have left is to wire up the fuses and relays, Now Im using a Fuse block from a 2000 cavalier to run my engine, now Im trying to figure out what needs to be fused together, I have seen some only running 4 fuses and some running 12 fuse and 4 relays , just need some insight on this fusing.

thanks for the help.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This link has a pretty good layout. The one thing I am doing differently is I am locating the fuel pump relay in the trunk and running the trigger the length of the car versus the +12vdc to operate the pump.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I could run with the 4 wire as you think, but I would suggest you seperate and run a few more fuse. Else everything will be pretty much a one fuse all failure. I would at least fuse the follow circuits: left and right Ign Coils, Ijectors, PCM IGN hot and Battery hot, Auto trans. Also might consider the ODBII port which is Battery Hot.

As far as relays, you need two different relays setup. One for the Fan and another for the Fuel pump.

Would suggest you run the relay in the back near the pump as Rocketrod is doing and suggests.

For the Fan, that all depends on how many fans you are running, single and if you have low/high speeds, that would be from one to three relays (also fused as required).

BC
Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see I was thinking of doing it this way
pcm fused
trans fused
o2s fused
inj/coil 1 fused
inj/coil 2 fused
fuel pump fused/ relay
cooling fan 1 fused /relay
cooling fan 2 fused/relay
ign fused/ relay

thats what i was thinking of doing since I have the room in the fuse block Im goin to be using and I can still add fuses and relays if I needed to. and the fuse block will be mount in the back where my battery will be too.

Quick Reply: lsx wiring harness fuses