Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct Lokar throttle cable for my application??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Correct Lokar throttle cable for my application??

I'm eventually going to need to get a cable to actuate my gas pedal and my throttle body on my LS swap.

I looked into some factory cable options without any luck, people post they have used a cable from a certain vehicle...but the information was vague like "late ninites so and so". No specific part number, engine, and so forth

So I'm going to go with a lokar cable, but now I am stumped what to get??

My car is a 1971 Camaro, and there was some conflicting info in this thread, one owner said he modified his cable (and did a good job) and another said it bolted right in with no mods??

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showth...06#post2823606

Since I am not familiar with Lokars brand I wanted to ask the experts here that have used it.

Is there several versions of this cable other than the two color choices? Or does the universal cable come with different ends for different applications? other than the end shown in the stock pictures that all of the sellers use?

Just need some direction here because my end looks like this, which is also the same end used on a lot of GM vehicles from the 60's, 70's and 80's..

It's the end with the plastic piece that clips into the "fork" end on the stock pedal arm

Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Staging Lane

I just bought a lokar cable that was long enough to work and installed it. They are pretty much all universal except for the carb or TB end. Just get the connection you need. I had to use washers on either side of the firewall when i installed mine because the factory cable clipped into the firewall with a square clip. The lokar ones do not.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok cool, so as long as I get the LS1 end for the throttle body, it will have more than one type of end on the pedal end?

So this isn't the end that you have to live with on the pedal end? They supply something different with the universal kit?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 126 Likes on 83 Posts

I just replaced this on my El Camino and it worked great. I put the plastic piece from my factory cable on the new cable from Lokar (one end isn't finished so you can slide it on or off). I was working with a carb'd 305 but it is the same cable I believe may just be a little shorter. I was at the parts store and they only had a black and a chrome one. One thing to mention is they have round fittings and jamb nuts so they work and look good in the Lokar brackets but if you use a washer then you can use them in the factory square brackets.
Jessica
Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

My pedal is Y shapped at the top and the cable just fit in between the Y and it was fine.

Quick Reply: Correct Lokar throttle cable for my application??