Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

typical ls swapped mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default typical ls swapped mustang

Thought id start a thread of my swap, not looking to get a lot of interest but more or less so my dad can follow the build while over seas.

2003 mustang, 5.3, th400, 8.8, full interior, radio, electric windows still work.
Will post pics soon as i figure out how to do so on forums...

Purpose of this car is to see how fast i can go on a budget compared to some local street race guys here (or at least they think theyre street) they run 7s to mid 6s in the 1/8th what a swapped mustang can do on a budget compared to their stock zl1s, heads cam na SS camaros, a few other things but nothing crazy here. Im sure I can hit high 5s without much of an issue. Using an AJE k member, spring perch mounts, stock focbody a arms, ebay manual rack, stock springs just cut, manual brake set up, and upr rear suspension. As far as performance goes ill be using a stock LS6 cam, ls7 lifts, holley single plane intake with elbow and a china turbo, no intercooler but will add meth. trans is a MVB with probrake and a stall. rearend has 4.10 gears.

as stated earlier ill post pics when i find out how to, just want to get the thread started to email my dad the link.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by lsmustangx
Will post pics soon as i figure out how to do so on forums...
Click the photo icon or the paperclip icon. Attach image files. Done.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:27 PM
Teching In

I promise ill get better at the forum thing.... but I am getting the engine bay cleaned up, wire tucked, and painted (black) picked up a fleshly built TH400 last weekend for the car, have a trans cooler from motion raceworks for it and while waiting on parts to come in tonight I pulled the trunk lid and removed the key entry to run a cord through were it use to be so i can pull to open the lid... much easier that way that to get around a parachute and wing to fit a key into a grove when i can just pull a cord...

please feel free to ask questions or give me tips on anything. This is my second swap but first EFI.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:28 PM
Teching In

thanks