Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Swap book update

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can swap an LS into anything. Just finished a 1999 K2500 with a LQ9. Got fuel gauge, temp gauge, cruise control and everything else working. Guess how I did it. I turned the first bolt. Finished up with removing VATS and turning the key. NO book can make it happen. And google is your friend.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 530 Likes on 334 Posts

Well, I bought the book and would recommend it for a starting point. I saw all of the harness recommendations and header recommendations, but that is what they were. Recommendations. I am not defending the guy for using other people's projects and profiting, but I will say that I got a lot of useful information from it. Especially the wiring section, as I made my own harness.

Any use for 2nd Gen Fbody's? I will have a full write up soon.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a
Well, I bought the book and would recommend it for a starting point. I saw all of the harness recommendations and header recommendations, but that is what they were. Recommendations. I am not defending the guy for using other people's projects and profiting, but I will say that I got a lot of useful information from it. Especially the wiring section, as I made my own harness.

Any use for 2nd Gen Fbody's? I will have a full write up soon.
Thanks, I am glad it helped you in your project.

As for "using other people's projects and profiting"- I have not used anyone's project without their permission. Writing a book takes a lot of effort and research, not to mention the fact that several of the projects included in the book were on my own vehicles that I did myself. However, I can't build every vehicle I need to include in the book, so yes, I use other projects to demonstrate various tasks. In my career, I have written over 650 magazine articles and 4 books, about 90% of which I did all of the tech myself, so I am not just some schlub profitting off of others. I do not take negative comments lightly, I work very hard to provide a quality product that will help others get their projects built. The original book was designed to be a "101" type book, not an advanced guide for experienced swappers, it was designed to help first timers and novices. If you are an experienced swapper, you probably don't need a book. Most of you can change a set of brake pads or shoes with your eyes closed, but that first set probably took required some guidance.

To those that have responded, I truly appreciate you assistance, thank you.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Ryeguy- There is a dedicated F-body book in the works, which is part of the reason we are focusing the update on the less "traditional" GM swaps.

Quick Reply: LS Swap book update