Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 in the s10 questions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 in the s10 questions.

Well I've been gather parts and parts and more parts for my ls1 swap that I will begin in the next month as soon as the motor is finished getting built. Hoping for a nice running truck. Doing the 8.8 swap and all. Already narrowed and ready. Headers and mounts are in radiator is here.

Well I hate to even ask but I picked up a wreck 2000 z28 for the fun of it and Parting it out. I will be using the computer and I want to use the harness.

Can anyone give me any hints or tips on integrating it into my s10. I've been searching and reading through hundreds of pin outs and diagrams. But was wandering if I should use my fuse block and tie into it or use the two fuse blocks from the fbody and tie it to the s10. I know people have done it and was hoping for the help maybe even some instructions haha.

I will say I am really hoping to DIY this harness. If I have to do a cpw harness I will need to put project on hold for a couple months. Which would suck.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kpennepacker
Well I've been gather parts and parts and more parts for my ls1 swap that I will begin in the next month as soon as the motor is finished getting built. Hoping for a nice running truck. Doing the 8.8 swap and all. Already narrowed and ready. Headers and mounts are in radiator is here.

Well I hate to even ask but I picked up a wreck 2000 z28 for the fun of it and Parting it out. I will be using the computer and I want to use the harness.

Can anyone give me any hints or tips on integrating it into my s10. I've been searching and reading through hundreds of pin outs and diagrams. But was wandering if I should use my fuse block and tie into it or use the two fuse blocks from the fbody and tie it to the s10. I know people have done it and was hoping for the help maybe even some instructions haha.

I will say I am really hoping to DIY this harness. If I have to do a cpw harness I will need to put project on hold for a couple months. Which would suck.
Follow the instructions here and simply use your S-10 fuse block. I did it and every factory option worked in my truck without issue.

http://www.lt1swap.com/98-02_ls1.htm
Old 05-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

What throttle cable did you use
Old 05-23-2013, 04:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

4.3 cable works PERFECT

Quick Reply: Ls1 in the s10 questions.