Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

options for a ls1/4L60 swap harness?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default options for a ls1/4L60 swap harness?

whos makes or modifies stock ones? or what harness do i start with if i want to strip one down myself?
Old 05-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is from BP automotive. He seems to be backed up a good ways out right now but their is also several other sponsors who do work on here. I sent you a pm as im considering selling mine.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do some research.. and look in the Vendor sites..

BP Automotive
PSI
Speartech

Are a few of the most common ones to work with and many others that are not sponsors here on this forum. But if you search many other names will come up.

If you want to do it yourself. .they are not hard.. People uaually start with the harness that came or is for the engine. Get the PIN out and start from there. There are many thread here and other forum on mod'd a harness and should get you by. Most of the GM harness are nearly Standalone harness to start with and just need to mod a few wire, add and delete as needed.

BC
Old 05-24-2013, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

I would suggest going either with bp automotive or psi conversions. Both offer top quality harnesses and stand behind their product!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Just go to junkyard (car-part.com) and pick one from a vehicle like camaro z28 or like me i got it from a 2001 gm truck/suv. I got my computer and harness this way. Harness looks daunting but really not that bad. Try to get computer and harness from same car so pin out is same!!! If you get truck or SUV harness you will need new injector pigtails if you want to run LS1 injectors. I got mine from a member on here for $15. If you can solder and have a free afternoon save yourself a ton of $$$$ do it yourself.

If something ever goes wrong with your car you will know it inside and out!!

Quick Reply: options for a ls1/4L60 swap harness?