Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 miata project/ ls1 firebird parts car wiring harness questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 miata project/ ls1 firebird parts car wiring harness questions

Hey guys. I'm completely new to ls engines, let alone a v8. I came across a complete, running 2000 firebird formula. I paid a whopping 1200 for this clean titled, minor damaged parts car. I have been selling off parts and have made every penny back and some. I have the ls1 on a stand with the engine harness connected. I know i still have to delete VATS and have it tuned for a 6 speed and such, so i know i need the obdII port. Other than the port, do i need any other wiring from inside the car?
This is a major project/ Swap for me. Im replacing the 4 cylinder in my 95 miata with the 5.7.

any help is appreciated. I have ordered a few ls 1 swap books and awaiting arrival.

Sorry about the short story, but my phone is acting up when i type.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

You really don't need any of the onside wiring other than the ALDL connector you mentioned to make the harness a stand alone unit. Whats still hooked to the engine is what you need along with some sort of fuse block/box.

As for how hard the swap is going to be, well, that depends on your skill level, but the Miata swap isn't a new idea and a search on here should yield you some threads with the information your looking for.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha. an ls1 miata. Now that is something id have to see to believe. awesome

Quick Reply: ls1 miata project/ ls1 firebird parts car wiring harness questions