Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette regulator/filter ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corvette regulator/filter ?

I'm using the corvette reg/filter for my swap. I pressurized the system this weekend to check for leaks. Had none and the gauge at the fuel rail showed 58 psi. As stated no leaks, but the russell fittings on the inlet and return, and the fitting at the outlet seem to be loose. I can move the outlet nipple in and out with no leaks, but if I push it off to one side it will leak. Is this normal?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

Originally Posted by DEEDDUDE
I'm using the corvette reg/filter for my swap. I pressurized the system this weekend to check for leaks. Had none and the gauge at the fuel rail showed 58 psi. As stated no leaks, but the russell fittings on the inlet and return, and the fitting at the outlet seem to be loose. I can move the outlet nipple in and out with no leaks, but if I push it off to one side it will leak. Is this normal?
Definitely not normal. There should be no leaks in the system. I suspect your Russell fittings are not sealing. Also, did you plumb the filter correctly? The inlet is the nipple that is offset on the end of the filter that has two fittings. The center one is the return, while the single female fitting on the other end goes to the fuel rail.

Andrew
Old 05-29-2013, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 on the Fitting not being normal.

Suggest you pick up the newer version of the Russell QD if your not using them already. They screws together to secure the fitting to the ports on the FPR.

Russell parts #s
640853 (3/8" to AN -6)
640863 (5/16" to AN -6)
640940 (for the outlet to fuel rail)

What Filter brand are you using ?.. some of the cheaper brand are junk.. suggest AC Delco or WIX...

BC
Old 05-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what happens when the old push lock fittings fail......

Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What this video got to do with the problem ?
Old 05-29-2013, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bczee
+1 on the Fitting not being normal.

Suggest you pick up the newer version of the Russell QD if your not using them already. They screws together to secure the fitting to the ports on the FPR.

Russell parts #s
640853 (3/8" to AN -6)
640863 (5/16" to AN -6)
640940 (for the outlet to fuel rail)

What Filter brand are you using ?.. some of the cheaper brand are junk.. suggest AC Delco or WIX...

BC

Thanks to all of you guys. I do have the newer fittings, different part numbers as above except the outlet. Mine screw together. Are these the old #'s ? The Russells fitting aren't leaking just the outlet side, but only when tampered with. The problem could be the reg/filter. I always use WIX, but this time I cheaped out. I'll order a Wix after this post.

The push lock fuel fittings do concern me, that's the reason for the question. Thanks again for the replies.

Last edited by DEEDDUDE; 05-29-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad they made it out and was able to put out the fire.

But Lmao at the drivers bail out.

Quick Reply: Corvette regulator/filter ?