Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel senders Carb to EFI

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel senders Carb to EFI

So ive got an 82 custom cruiser i put a TBI in a few years back, I HATE the external pump and im prolly gonna go LS in a few months...I wanna avoid an external pump. Finding a later 90+ wagon tank is a but harder than i thought it would be, anyone know if the fuel sender hole is the same between the 2? getting a later in tank pump sender is easy, but i dont wanna buy if it wont drop in the eariler carbed tank...thoughts?

Mark
Old 08-08-2013, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by autocomman
So ive got an 82 custom cruiser i put a TBI in a few years back, I HATE the external pump and im prolly gonna go LS in a few months...I wanna avoid an external pump. Finding a later 90+ wagon tank is a but harder than i thought it would be, anyone know if the fuel sender hole is the same between the 2? getting a later in tank pump sender is easy, but i dont wanna buy if it wont drop in the eariler carbed tank...thoughts?

Mark
I believe the older b-body tanks will accept the lat model hangers/ fuel pump assembly's.

However, the late model plastic tanks are nice to have.

Where are you located?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bfurches
I believe the older b-body tanks will accept the lat model hangers/ fuel pump assembly's.

However, the late model plastic tanks are nice to have.

Where are you located?
Los Angeles

The yards out here destroy 2 parts, the fuel tank for easy draining, a big spike with a hole in the bottom, or they are just gone, and cat convertors obviously. I may be able to source a plastic tank, but nothing wrong with the steel one in the car, and keeps me from having to cut and weld adapting an expensive late model sender/pump module.

Mark
Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't forget efi tanks tend to have a baffle tray in them for the fuel pump needs over a carb tank with no baffle.

Quick Reply: Fuel senders Carb to EFI