Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM plug pin numbers

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM plug pin numbers

I'm new to this site so not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I'm putting 2006 5.3 vortex in my 48 Chevy Stylemaster, nice tight fit. I had someone do the wire harness for me and reprogram the PCM, the guy didn't add the fuss block or relays and left some plugs, so I decided to rework the harnes and make sure he had remove the right pins and left the ones I needed, it all checked out except for him removing the tach wire,pin 10 on green connector. Well I finished everything up this past weekend with cleaning the harness up and adding fuse block & relays.

Now my question is, can the plastic color pin covers be installed upside down or will they only go on one way for the alignment into the PCM, the PCM states what color goes where with 41 and 80 on each end. Hope this makes sense and any help would be appreciated, don't want to fry the PCM.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 145 Posts

You can't put them on upside down, but you can put them on either connector. You did mark which one was which, right?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew they could be interchanged from one connector to the other, based off the color coded wires and the pin configuration they are on the right connectors, just wanted to double check since the harness was done by someone else. Thanks, just didn't know if the alignment tabs on the plastic covers could go upside down.

Quick Reply: PCM plug pin numbers