Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated: L76 VVT going in my jet boat IT RUNS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finished my doghouse. I put a layer of some knock off dynamat on the inside to help insulate the noise. Its GTMAT 110. Its pretty heavy and thick. It probably won't be quite as good as Dynamat Xtreme, but at half the cost it should suffice. I read somewhere a guy did a db test in a controlled environment and the performance was just a bit off of the Dynamat Xtreme. I bought 75 sq/ft of it and used half on the doghouse. Im going to try it first and see if its acceptable before I add any more. It sure weighed the the doghouse down a bit.

test fit

Adding angle to support the sides and top

carpeted with $25 bucks worth of outdoor carpeting from Lowes. Ill probably add a piece of diamond plate to cover the seam in the front later. But it works for now. Ive heard it will only last 5 or 6 years, but I can tell you the rest of the carpeting will need replaced about then too, so Ill just have it all done then. It would have looked a bit more even if I would have layed the carpet out the same direction...OOPS, too late now.

inside

Old 04-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

awesome build! when is the first sea trial?
Old 05-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Teching In

That's a tight build....should be a blast to run!! Post some vids.....way to include your daughter in your build!!!....subscribed
Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Well, I had the opportunity to take it out a few days ago. My wife is preggers and got put on bed rest, so I haven't had nearly the time I wanted to work on this thing. First run out I hit 49, but I didn't wan't to keep it pinned too long. I am also trying to get my nozzle to match the impellers. I'm beginning to think my hull just isn't a fast one, but Ill decide that once I get the impellers and nozzle suited. I still get a bunch of cavitation and slipping when getting on step. It cruises nice and quick though with great mid range power.

Here's a vid my buddy took...nothing special, but about halfway through we switch places and I take the lead.

Hopefully Ill get more footage next time I go for a run. I guess I should get a gopro...lol
Old 05-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Quick Reply: Updated: L76 VVT going in my jet boat IT RUNS!