Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar 99 XJ8 Vanden Plas with LS1/4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Jaguar 99 XJ8 Vanden Plas with LS1/4L60E

Hi all, this is Andrew from Jaguar Specialties. I posted here before about some of our latest LS conversions into Jags, and wanted to put up some pics of one of our latest installs (my own car)

This is a top of the line 99 Vanden Plas sedan (the long wheelbase version of the basic 98-03 XJ8 models with better interior, etc.,.) and this car runs a basically stock 2002 Camaro LS1 and 4L60E trans. As you can see it's a great fit and the build uses all of our standard conversion kit parts including our unique GM-Jaguar CANBUS interface (that interface is the key to the conversion- without it, an install like this woudn't be possible). The car is set up with full emissions (we're in California) with stock (GM) cats, stock GM cast iron (high flow) exhaust manifolds, and a 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust. It runs and drives beautifully. One little trick on these cars has to do with being able to use an earlier Jag XJ6 differential with higher numeric gears. The stock ratio on the car was 3.08; the earlier unit is a 3.58 and that makes a big difference in how this (nearly 4100 lb) car pulls off the line. That diff change is only possible due to some specifics of how the conversion handles the driveline- you could not make the same change with a stock XJ8 drivetrain. Overall, it's smooth, reasonably quiet, and very comfortable.

This type of conversion could be done on any 98-03 XJ8 model using nearly any LS engine (including the truck 4.8 -5.3-6.0 versions) and the 4L60E/4L65E trans. And the cars themselves are ridiculously cheap to buy- a nice sedan such as this one with good cosmetics and major mechanical problems generally sell for $1000-$2000- they're a giveaway. Put in the LS and you've got a fantastic car to boom around in. And the performance potential is limitless. Email me for more info.

Note- we offer a similar conversion for the 97-02 XK8 and XKR 2 door convertibles and coupes too....

Here are a few pics- I hope you like them.

Last edited by the-jag-guy; 10-27-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks pretty posh
Old 10-27-2013, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Yup, it's cool

Comfy and quick, and that LS rumble from the exhaust ain't bad either...

Quick Reply: Jaguar 99 XJ8 Vanden Plas with LS1/4L60E