Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS egine book and GM A-body swap book

What is the best books to get for:
* Swapping an LS engine into a GM A-body
* Build and modifying an LS engine
I have an L76 from a 2008 Pontiac G8 I will working on.

Looking forward to the suggestions!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best book is this website . there is far more information here than any other place . you you need to search and spend time reading the builds , look in the stickys for specific builds . this site will always up to date information .I have a few of those books and have never looked in any of them . JOHN
Old 01-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, this site is great, but I am thinking more for the engine I guess than the swap. I want to install a new cam and I need easy reference in my garage for procedure, torque specs and such.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

For A bodies the sticky:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...2-gm-body.html

For diagrams specs, etc get the GM Engine Mechanical Service Manual for you engine/year. You can find a pdf online. I found the 229 page LQ9 manual with a quick search.

There's a book called "LS1 Engine Kit Installation Guide" that's a little dated, but has some good info on swaps. Again I found a pdf online.

There are books at speed shops too. I've got HPBooks "Chevy LS1/LS6 performance". Also a little dated, you might look for LS2/3 related books
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The only use for books these days is to have something to read while using the bathroom. I've bought a lot of books (I just like flipping through them when I'm bored) but haven't found much other use for them since everything important can be found online and printed. I print in color on heavy paper then laminate what I need in the garage.
Buying a book for an Abody swap would be throwing money in the garbage - if there were one 'right' way to do it we wouldn't need this site.
"How to build and modify ls engines" is a decent book. I've spent $20 on worse things I suppose. But at least one (likely more) of those ls-swap books are just the collected printings of information on this site.

Quick Reply: LS egine book and GM A-body swap book