Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

73 Camaro L92 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeCes
Thanks! Your pro stars look really good. I'm leaning towards the billets but i'm still considering draglites or pro stars. I was thinking of running 275 60 15's out back. What do you think? Also, I plan on rolling the outer fender lip. Did you end up using any spacers?
That's funny.......I've been thinking about ditching the Pro Stars some day and getting the Billet Specialties Street Lites. Pro Stars are a good budget wheel but I'm kinda getting tired of the three piece design.

275/60's, being a 28 inch tire, would probably be a good choice if you want to run a radial tire.

My outer fender lips are also rolled. With the stock 10-bolt rear I only needed a very thin spacer (they were custom made by a buddy on his CNC laser so I don't remember the exact thickness). But anyway, it was not needed when the car was at rest but with the sway/sidewall movement of my Quick Time Pros, I would get a little rubbing on the leaf springs around corners. My guess is a radial tire would not have this problem, or if so, to a lesser extent.

Once I installed my 9-inch, I had to run a much thicker 3/8th spacer. Apparently a "stock width" rear is not quite "stock width". No big deal but if/when I buy new wheels, I may check on the availability of a 5inch backspace wheel to eliminate the spacer.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GC99TA
That's funny.......I've been thinking about ditching the Pro Stars some day and getting the Billet Specialties Street Lites. Pro Stars are a good budget wheel but I'm kinda getting tired of the three piece design.

275/60's, being a 28 inch tire, would probably be a good choice if you want to run a radial tire.

My outer fender lips are also rolled. With the stock 10-bolt rear I only needed a very thin spacer (they were custom made by a buddy on his CNC laser so I don't remember the exact thickness). But anyway, it was not needed when the car was at rest but with the sway/sidewall movement of my Quick Time Pros, I would get a little rubbing on the leaf springs around corners. My guess is a radial tire would not have this problem, or if so, to a lesser extent.

Once I installed my 9-inch, I had to run a much thicker 3/8th spacer. Apparently a "stock width" rear is not quite "stock width". No big deal but if/when I buy new wheels, I may check on the availability of a 5inch backspace wheel to eliminate the spacer.
Thanks so much for the info. You've been a huge help thus far. Just pulled the trigger on some rear street lites and nitto 555r's. Should be mounted on Fri or Sat if all goes well. Will purchase fronts when the "throwing away money" fund recharges.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Cesar,
You said you switched to a cartridge style MAF. Did you also change the other intake parts?
Would love to see your pictures and measurements when you have time.
thank you,
Doug
Old 07-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DW SD
Hi Cesar,
You said you switched to a cartridge style MAF. Did you also change the other intake parts?
Would love to see your pictures and measurements when you have time.
thank you,
Doug

I didn't do any measuring but there are a couple of pics. I lost some pipe by putting the filter directly on the maf, that's all.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks so much for the info. You've been a huge help thus far. Just pulled the trigger on some rear street lites and nitto 555r's. Should be mounted on Fri or Sat if all goes well. Will purchase fronts when the "throwing away money" fund recharges.
Good deal man. Be sure to post pic of them on the car.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't do any measuring but there are a couple of pics. I lost some pipe by putting the filter directly on the maf, that's all.
Awesome - did you know where the throttle body to tube coupler comes from? Have a part #? Do you know the OD of the aluminum tubing? Is it 4" I assume?
Do you still have the adapter to the stock MAF that you removed? I'd be interesting buying it and the MAF, if you have no need for it? I'd just keep the MAF as a spare for my L92.

Thank you!

Doug
Old 07-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GC99TA
Good deal man. Be sure to post pic of them on the car.
Will do. Went to mount them on sat. Didn't know I needed fancy lug nuts so now waiting on them. They are due in on Wednesday.

Originally Posted by DW SD
Awesome - did you know where the throttle body to tube coupler comes from? Have a part #? Do you know the OD of the aluminum tubing? Is it 4" I assume?
Do you still have the adapter to the stock MAF that you removed? I'd be interesting buying it and the MAF, if you have no need for it? I'd just keep the MAF as a spare for my L92.

Thank you!

Doug

That coupler came with the cold air intake. Yep, you're correct;4 inch tubing.

I do. Shoot me a PM and we can def work something out.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Launching!

Hey nemeces what headers are you using ? I'm about to start a swap on a 73 also with a 5.3
Old 08-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Houston_t
Hey nemeces what headers are you using ? I'm about to start a swap on a 73 also with a 5.3
I bought Dynatech LS Swap long tube headers from TSP.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Default l92 in 72 camaro

Love the build Cesar anyway you can help me out with info about what similar things I going to have to go through
Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great build and good info! Subbed for my LS swap in a 1970 Camaro.

Quick Reply: 73 Camaro L92 Swap