Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Info on ls swap in New edge mustang (99-04)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Info on ls swap in New edge mustang (99-04)

Im looking into doing a Ls swap in a new edge mustang wondering if anyone knows of any write ups on this swap or what swap parts are necessary. What front accessories work best, truck or car. What headers will work, going to run a tubular k member. And info on a harness. I know I can do a standalone harness but really wanting to have all the factory mustang gauges ac controls etc to work if possible. Want to run ac and power steering on the car so fabbing lines is fine.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:44 PM
TECH Regular

I have done this swap twice. There are lots of documented swaps on here. The swap is pretty much the same from the 79-04 bodies. I have seen a few on here that have used the Ford gauges. I haven't used the AC and this time I didn't keep the PS either.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

If you could point e in the right direction of them or tell me the process yourself Id definitely appreciate it sir.
Originally Posted by 99MUSTANG5.3L
I have done this swap twice. There are lots of documented swaps on here. The swap is pretty much the same from the 79-04 bodies. I have seen a few on here that have used the Ford gauges. I haven't used the AC and this time I didn't keep the PS either.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Please look through my build thread. Take some time and search through tech.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

Alot of guys run the AJE k member (including me twice).I fabbed my own motor mounts and trans mount but they are also available from AJE as well as other sources. Many options as well for the harness, I did my own. AKNOVAMAN on here makes them and gets good reviews on them,Microsquirt is another option.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Went through your whole post want to say a big thanks for the write up. think its pretty nice your taking time to answer everyone's questions, take pictures and put out a helping hand. Gonna start getting some parts together in the next few months. Anyone found any write ups and getting the a/c working?

Originally Posted by tired2valve
Please look through my build thread. Take some time and search through tech.

Quick Reply: Looking for Info on ls swap in New edge mustang (99-04)