Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick 5.3 1998 camaro starter question

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick 5.3 1998 camaro starter question

I have been working on a 5.3 swap into a 98 z a4. The camaro was a roller so I have no reference to where things may have gone. "If I take it apart I can put it back together", unfortunately...I am just putting it together.

I have all of the body connectors re-pinned to the 2005 green/blue pcm, the one that I don't have connected is the c102(large gauge purple). Is this supposed to be fed directly from the pcm, or is it coming back from a relay and needs to be sent down to the starter itself?

The current split loom to the starter only has a large gauge red(from battery) and a ground(body and battery, I assume), no purple in the bundle.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 05-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(CORRECTION) Red wire to starter is connected to remote battery post at at the fuse box location, black wire to starter is connected to the alternator post. I am assuming these are correct since this part of the harness was intact with the car.

'I think the black cable going to the starter location should be a ground from the block, instead of being connected to the alternator post...maybe'

Last edited by Flintstoning; 05-22-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

Quick Reply: quick 5.3 1998 camaro starter question