Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L33 turbo xtreme blazer version 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L33 turbo xtreme blazer version 3.0

Hi guys - I just bought Vcious04's old blazer. Needless to say it wasn't is as good as shape from the pictures when Jeremy had it.

I will try to post up pics for all the things that I will be changing.

Performance wise the truck is nice.

Took the cracked grill and painted headlights and bumper lights off last night. Bought new lights that I will tint and not paint. Bought a good grill and will be painting that this weekend.

Will be fixing the low hanging passenger side bumper so there isn't a gap - if you look at the old build pics you can notice it. Not a big deal but I'm **** when it comes to that stuff. Will be trimming the bumper to fit the intercooler better. Also going to make something to hod the 3 electric fans better so I can remove the bungy cord from the engine bay.

Rasing the blazer up slightly in the front so the frame isn't hitting the lower control armand the driveshaft isn't scraping in the shield in the tunnel - (8.8 rear so pumpkin is approx. 3" from center looks weird and won't to change it but trying not to think about it since it doesn't really effect anything other than looks)

Almost every interior is broke or cracked and rattles - including duct taped speaker grill on dash. Bought a new grill and will be modifying that to pop up and hold a couple of gauges so the ones on the pillar can come off. Trying to keep it kind of stock looking but it sure doesn't sound stock.

This winter I will be modifying the turbo location to put a stock hood back on it and get it more than 1/16" away from the valve cover. For those that remember there were nice looking holes in the hood, well someone modified them more with what looks like tin snips and put scoops on top - looks cool until you see all the paint flaking inside the scoops and the jagged metal when you lift the hood.

Also just purchased all the new joints to redo the steering shaft. the 3/8" drive extension is fine but one joint is shaving metal off - noticed when I greased it to stop the horrible squealing when turning the weheel. Replacing with 3/4" DD joints and shaft and a new bearing.

Will be redoing the wiring as well to clean up the engine compartment even more. Also finding a way to add a dipstick so I can check the oil level.

Will be turning up the boost and getting the tune dialed in better for the 80lb injectors after the suspension and steering shaft work.
Attached Thumbnails L33 turbo xtreme blazer version 3.0-239.jpg   L33 turbo xtreme blazer version 3.0-240.jpg  
Old 07-23-2014, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

hey man i also just got my turbo blazer wrapped up and was wondering what size down pipe you are running and what are you seeing for iats in boost
Old 07-24-2014, 07:32 AM
Teching In

I didn't build this but will be rebuilding the turbo system. (it was cheaper for me to buy this than start from scratch like I was going to do)

Currently has 3" downpipe - piping from turbo to throttlebody is 3" as well. It is super tight and I will be clearancing the bumper so that I can remount the intercooler and give me adjustment to align the bumper better. It is pretty much a straight pipe exiting in front of rear tire.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Looks like a little more work needs to be done. New shocks installed this weekend. Found a 3" crack around weld and into pipe merging in at turbo. Fixed for now but when I rebuild the turbo system on this I will be adding a flex pipe to the crossover pipe to allow some flexing.

the whole front end needs rebuilt instead of just the steering shaft.

Found the radiator fluid smell, busted rubber hose on upper radiator hose.

Found small oil leak on drain hose.

Got bumper to fit after buying all the bolts to actually bolt it on and together and massaging the passenger side foglight location to accommodate the intercooler piping.

Noticed lots of lag while driving today will be using 1.75" primary, 2" log and 2 or 2.5" piping to turbo when I redo the piping. This should allow the turbo to spool up before 5k rpm. If not will be changing the rear gears to 3.73. Too much of a dog from a stop.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rickyh93
Looks like a little more work needs to be done. New shocks installed this weekend. Found a 3" crack around weld and into pipe merging in at turbo. Fixed for now but when I rebuild the turbo system on this I will be adding a flex pipe to the crossover pipe to allow some flexing.

the whole front end needs rebuilt instead of just the steering shaft.

Found the radiator fluid smell, busted rubber hose on upper radiator hose.

Found small oil leak on drain hose.

Got bumper to fit after buying all the bolts to actually bolt it on and together and massaging the passenger side foglight location to accommodate the intercooler piping.

Noticed lots of lag while driving today will be using 1.75" primary, 2" log and 2 or 2.5" piping to turbo when I redo the piping. This should allow the turbo to spool up before 5k rpm. If not will be changing the rear gears to 3.73. Too much of a dog from a stop.
Wow!! Congrats on the purchase! Lol it definetly appears like it went thru a few changes. That think hit boost really fast when I had it. There are quite a few YouTube videos I made on that beast! Anything you need feel free to ask!

I need to Visit this site more aften lol
Old 08-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Engine compartment def needs some "cleaning up"
Old 08-28-2014, 01:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the current rear end a 3.42? If not I wouldn't think that's holding you back too much off the line. I had a 99 blazer with 3.42's and was quite happy with it. A little brake loading is all that was needed off the line.

Quick Reply: L33 turbo xtreme blazer version 3.0