Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replace metal power steering lines with steel braided?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 06:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

( the second pic is not mine the rest are )http://www.hydratechbraking.com/hose_fittings.html
check here, they have everything you need!
Attached Thumbnails replace metal power steering lines with steel braided?-reassembly-003.jpg   replace metal power steering lines with steel braided?-ps_adj_01.jpg   replace metal power steering lines with steel braided?-flaming-river-rack-pinion-003.jpg   replace metal power steering lines with steel braided?-flaming-river-rack-pinion-002.jpg  

Last edited by sparkwirez06; 07-27-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you replacing the hard lines that go from the valve on the rack pinion to the ports that feed the cylinder or are you putting flex lines from the valve on the pinion to the pump? Completely different fittings for each place.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old post but I came across this while looking for replacement fittings for the rack and pinion cylinder hydraulic transfer lines.
After doing a bunch of "Junk Yard" field research, I was able to find at least two other GM cars that share the same "O-RING" fittings as the LS1 rack does.
2000 Olds Intrigue and 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix.
If you were wanting to replace these lines, you would have to use the old factory fittings and a small portion of line (as I was unable to find an aftermarket replacement fitting) so that I could convert to AN fittings and PTFE hose.
How I am converting over to PTFE, is I am using an AN Compression fitting onto the steel lines then using Russell PowerFlex Endura stainless braided PTFE hose with PowerFlex AN fittings.
If there is interest I will post pics of my endeavor.

Quick Reply: replace metal power steering lines with steel braided?