Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new guy here potential 72 K10 LSX swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy here potential 72 K10 LSX swap

Ok so here is what I know

1 I need a new crossmember for the 4x4 model it just wont fit. I am thinking Dirty Dingo or Pacific fab. Either way I need a suspension lift from what I am gathering hopefully 2" will do the job.

2 I plan to retain the TH350 trans for now. Its a brand new tranny why wouldnt I use it? I dont do any freeway driving. I can always add the 4l80e down the line. May or may not need to massage the bolt pattern on the torque converter to bolt up to the flywheel.

3 Fuel tank I will relocate it inside the frame in the rear. Suggestions? I want to go as inexpensive on this as possible. I am thinking GM squarebody blazer tank. at least a 31 gallon if not the 40. Comments suggestions?

4. I going to buy an engine ready to go 3 wire hookup. The less confusing it is for me and dad the more interested he will be in helping me finish this project.

5 one more point of concern I now have is in reading about the other K10 on here he mentions clearance problems at the firewall. not many build threads to be found where people leave the factory tranny is this going to be an issue?

I think this is a fairly good plan I am open to suggestion and help. I think I can keep this project between $2500 & $3k which will mostly be wrapped up in how much I spend on the engine which will depend on what I decide to buy!

Not opposed to a 4.8 by any means but the deal has to be right. But I wouldnt kick a 6.0 out of bed at all if I got the deal. They will all be a huge improvement in power and driveability over the tired old 350

Thanks Folks!

Quick Reply: new guy here potential 72 K10 LSX swap