Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LSx conversion mounts, what did you use?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 07:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSx conversion mounts, what did you use?

Hey guys,

I am so close to being ready to put the new motor and transmission in the 66 GTO. Got everything out of the way and cleaned up and my motor mounts came in the mail. I havent put them on the block yet, but they are from hedman performance group, something i got from summit. Listed as part 4592. My question is that on the box it says "sets engine to stock location"
but on some i have looked at, they specify that it moves the engine about an inch forward for more clearance. I am going to be using a 4l60e. Just wondering if anyone can confirm if these will or wont work, and if not, what would be a better option so I can return these and get the correct ones and get this under way.

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails LSx conversion mounts, what did you use?-img_20141106_062118944.jpg  
Old 11-06-2014, 09:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my 66 GTO, I am using car shop bop to chevy frame mounts, energy suspension short and wide motor mounts, Holley 302-1 pan and Hooker stock location engine adapters. I am running a 5 speed so I don't have a feeling on if your trans will work. I have about 1 inch or so between the right head and the firewall and plenty of frame and steering clearance. My biggest issue now is that the Dougs 3336 headets are about 1/2" from the floors. Looking at alternatives to address header clearance.

Last edited by old66tiger; 11-06-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay cool, thats helpful. We have the 302-2 pan and went with the hooker cast iron swap manifolds that are like a block hugger design and short tubes. I just wanted to see how much information i could get about clearance with the stock engine location style mounts.

Quick Reply: LSx conversion mounts, what did you use?