Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K Member/Motor mount problem LS SN95

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K Member/Motor mount problem LS SN95

Here is the issue I'm having. I have a 95 Mustang GT with a 5.3 LS, UPR motor mount adapters, Ford 4.6 motor mounts, F body oil pan, and 1996 factory K member. The threaded studs on the mount fit in both sides of the k member but on the driver side the nipple on the motor mount is a good half inch from the slotted hole. The passenger side is maxed out so can't tilt the side to side angle of the engine anymore. Also did anyone have to notch the factory k member to allow clearance for the oil pan on passenger side? When I did research on the swap I never came across anyone having to notch it. Any help is appreciated. I wish I could post pictures but the shop is an hour away and I forgot to when I was up there.
Attached Thumbnails K Member/Motor mount problem LS SN95-kmember.jpg   K Member/Motor mount problem LS SN95-motor-mount.jpg  
Old 12-30-2014, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 226 Likes on 179 Posts

You have to grind those off, I did it to make it work.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:31 AM
12 Second Club

Do you have the studs in the slotted holes and the nipple won't fit in the rear mounted holes? Are your mounts installed like this?

You have also added the thickness of the adapter plate which moves the mount out(wider). This moves the mounting hole higher on the k member. If all is correct the nipples are not needed, remove and level your engine back out. then check your clearances. If you were to buy solid mounts, they usually don't have the nipple anyway.

Last edited by lsxRanger94; 12-31-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:53 AM
9 Second Club

yes my friend grinded his off also on the mounts, mine are solids and dont have that nipple
Old 12-31-2014, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

You can disassemble most of those polyurethane mounts to remove the peg. Usually easier and less messy than grinding it off.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lsxRanger94
Do you have the studs in the slotted holes and the nipple won't fit in the rear mounted holes? Are your mounts installed like this?

You have also added the thickness of the adapter plate which moves the mount out(wider). This moves the mounting hole higher on the k member. If all is correct the nipples are not needed, remove and level your engine back out. then check your clearances. If you were to buy solid mounts, they usually don't have the nipple anyway.
My mounts are set up exactly like that. The driver side locator tab (nipple) is about half an inch off from the top of the slot. The passenger side locator tab is maxed out in the slot.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Quick Reply: K Member/Motor mount problem LS SN95