Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 GTO Pedal with 03 Silverado TAC & TB

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS2 GTO Pedal with 03 Silverado TAC & TB

Hey guys been doing some research for my S10 build. But I need someone to second me on this. Everyone tells me a GTO pedal fits the S10 where the Silverado has to be modified greatly. I have a 04 LQ4 Throttle Body and TAC module. And I have an LS2 GTO gas pedal. The GTO didn't have a TAC that I could find it had the E40 ecm. Can I rework the pigtail to work with the Silverado TAC module?

Will this work? Or what is required to run the GTO pedal without switching to a E40? I've searched and found bits and pieces but not a definite answer. Tuning is not an issue just want some second input before I do the wiring. Thanks
Old 12-30-2014, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

go to LT1Swap.com and e-mail him. I just had him do my pcm and says they all need to coordinate year and such.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The LS2 uses an E40 ECU. The LQ4 uses a 411 style PCM. The 2 don't really play together. The LS2 does not use a TAC like the LQ. The short answer is you need an E40 ECU, then a T42 TCU if you are going automatic. If you have the LQ PCM, just get a truck pedal and modify the pedal lever. Lots of us have done it.
I upgraded to the E40 last winter for the CAN-BUS capability, modified the LQ harness to work. Very happy with the result.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by oldgoat69
The LS2 uses an E40 ECU. The LQ4 uses a 411 style PCM. The 2 don't really play together. The LS2 does not use a TAC like the LQ. The short answer is you need an E40 ECU, then a T42 TCU if you are going automatic. If you have the LQ PCM, just get a truck pedal and modify the pedal lever. Lots of us have done it.
I upgraded to the E40 last winter for the CAN-BUS capability, modified the LQ harness to work. Very happy with the result.
Thats what I thought, but wasnt sure if the LQ TAC could run the pedal instead of the TB off the GTO. Guess I'll just have to cut it and re weld it. No big deal just wanted to make things easier. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The gas pedal is simply 2 sets of variable resistors. There might be a chance the GTO pedal would work when wired up to the LQ4 TAC module. I don't know for sure, but might be worth a shot.

I have been able to use the electronic 6.5 Diesel gas pedal used in the 94-00 chevy pickups and re-wire it to work on 03+ pickup gas drive by wire systems. This gas pedal bolts directly in place of factory gas pedal in many applications using the 3 bolt triangle pattern common on lots of GM stuff. With a little trial and error you might be able to make the ls2 gto pedal work.

Quick Reply: LS2 GTO Pedal with 03 Silverado TAC & TB