Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ITB's with drive by wire?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default ITB's with drive by wire?

I have a set of LS1/LS6 ITB's set up for a throttle cable. Couldn't pass up the deal. Now I just need a car to put them in. My two most likely candidates are a Corvette C5 and Pontiac Solstice.

Anybody deal with converting drive by wire to throttle cable or making drive by wire work in a similar situation? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

Cant be that difficult as they both open the throttle about 90 degrees. Just need to fab up an adapter for the GM DBW motor and internal TPS to the ITB setup.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aknovaman
Cant be that difficult as they both open the throttle about 90 degrees. Just need to fab up an adapter for the GM DBW motor and internal TPS to the ITB setup.
That's what I was thinking... I've contemplated a setup like this many times.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 98 Likes on 68 Posts

It may just not be too pretty with the servo motor hanging off the front or back of the intake.

I suggest mounting the servo under the dash and running a conventional cable to the throttle bodies to keep it clean appearing from the servo. That way you could scale the length of the arm at the servo to provide the specific length/amount of pull to fully open the engine throttle bodies.

Did you get the Chinese ones off eBay from OBX?
Old 05-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

Even though I'm in the US I actually bought straight from Speedmaster Australia, much cheaper this way. I suspect they are exactly the same as OBX. I do realize they'll need extra tlc, but one of my cars is a turbocharged Dodge Neon, I'm used to doing a little turd polishing. lol

http://store.au.speedmaster79.com/p-...ete-satin.aspx
Old 05-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by aknovaman

I suggest mounting the servo under the dash and running a conventional cable to the throttle bodies to keep it clean appearing from the servo. That way you could scale the length of the arm at the servo to provide the specific length/amount of pull to fully open the engine throttle bodies.
That's pretty brilliant. Maybe a hidden spot in the engine bay but same concept.

Quick Reply: ITB's with drive by wire?