Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volvo 240 lm7 swap help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo 240 lm7 swap help

So long story short. Motor and trans are in (th400) and in the middle of wiring the car. There is a grey 8 pin connector on the firewall (engine bay side) and a 4 pin connector under the dash on the passanger side that I need to find connector views for. Searched alldata with 0 luck. Any help from any other volvo swap people would be great.

Old 06-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Teching In

Here's some pics of the car so far

Old 06-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Don't have a 240 harness handy to look, but from memory - might be a little off on color codes since I was doing a 2.2 swap on a K-jet car with a 2.0 car to probe as reference:

For the 8-pin:
Black is the oil pressure idiot light
Red is the alternator exciter light
Yellow is the coolant gauge
Yellow-blue is the starter signal

Not sure what the 5th one is... does your car have a full oil pressure gauge, possibly?

For the 4-in the car (85-88, LH2.2, borrowed from a post I clipped from Turbobricks):
Fat yellow-red: Powers the fuel pumps through the two fuel pump fuses in the box by way of one half of the LH2.2 relay and one of the two relays on LH2.0. Same color in a K-jet car too IIRC, different location and path though. LH2.2 uses fuses 4&6 for the pumps, LH2.0 uses 5 and 7 and has slightly different blocks in the box for switch/non switched/off while cranking power...not sure there...do your homework and probe everything to verify.
Red wire: A/C fast idle to ECU. Takes +12V off the A/C relay.
Gray wire (85-86.5 only): Not sure. I know the car runs fine without it, so I don't care. Not curious either. My new 88 harness doesn't have it, so that is good enough reason for me to ignore it on earlier Lh entirely. (Me: LH 2.0 doesn't even have it, it uses a three-pin connector)

The fourth one (changed colors a few times, think it was red on LH 2.0, red-black on 2.2, and it's blue on 2.4) is the "system" relay trigger - 12V when the key is in run+crank, turns on the computer, which ran a control ground on the fuel pump relay.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Teching In

The car has no oil pressure gauge or even a tach for that matter. But the info has helped. Wanted to make sure none of the wires were dash power feed wires or something of that nature. Thanks a lot.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

0ff subject...What are the build details? Keeping everything stock?

Quick Reply: Volvo 240 lm7 swap help