Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 swap keeps blowing SEO IGN fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4 swap keeps blowing SEO IGN fuse?

So I am having some problems with my trucks harness and I figured Id ask on here if anyone else has had this happen. I did search a bunch but there wasnt anyone I could find.

So the trucks and 84 C10, the engine is a LQ4 but it has the intake from a 2001 5.3 and the engine harness and fuse box from the same. The engine has been sitting for years so I really wanted to hear it run.

Problem is it keeps blowing a fuse labeled SEO IGN. I figured it had to do with some wires I cut, just some going to the transmission and some for the rear O2 sensors. I had taped those up but I figured something was touching and opened them back up already, and nothing was touching that I could see. So I spread them all apart, taped them up and it still blows the fuse.

I didnt remove the wires from the harness yet because I wanted to make sure it worked before I removed anything, but that might be whats ******* me over?

Thanks for the help. I threatened the truck with taking the LQ4 out and Installing a 5.0 I have but that just really pissed it off and all the fuses blew...
Old 07-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 408Fairmont
So I am having some problems with my trucks harness and I figured Id ask on here if anyone else has had this happen. I did search a bunch but there wasnt anyone I could find.

So the trucks and 84 C10, the engine is a LQ4 but it has the intake from a 2001 5.3 and the engine harness and fuse box from the same. The engine has been sitting for years so I really wanted to hear it run.

Problem is it keeps blowing a fuse labeled SEO IGN. I figured it had to do with some wires I cut, just some going to the transmission and some for the rear O2 sensors. I had taped those up but I figured something was touching and opened them back up already, and nothing was touching that I could see. So I spread them all apart, taped them up and it still blows the fuse.

I didnt remove the wires from the harness yet because I wanted to make sure it worked before I removed anything, but that might be whats ******* me over?

Thanks for the help. I threatened the truck with taking the LQ4 out and Installing a 5.0 I have but that just really pissed it off and all the fuses blew...
Ever figure this out? Im having the same problem. Turn the ignition on and it blows the 10amp SEO ign fuse. Im doing a 5.3 swap so it could quite possibly be something not hooked up or something I missed.

Please let me know if you found out why you kept blowing that fuse
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2023, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish to suggest a tool for keyword ranking checker. You may use this tool to monitor and evaluate where keywords are showing up in search results. You must utilize this SEO tool if you want to properly advertise your website or other online resource and grow your business.

May be the switch or a ground wire touching the body somewhere! Thats why a fuse blows it shorts to ground and the amps over flow the fuse!Also if ya have any interior componets or stereo equipment look back at that! Good Luck!

Last edited by davidsmithhello653; 02-17-2023 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2023, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by davidsmithhello653
May be the switch or a ground wire touching the body somewhere! Thats why a fuse blows it shorts to ground and the amps over flow the fuse!Also if ya have any interior componets or stereo equipment look back at that! Good Luck!
408Fairmont hasn't been here for 8 years.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were you able to figure out what it was?
Old 05-26-2023, 09:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chrisomatic25
Ever figure this out? Im having the same problem. Turn the ignition on and it blows the 10amp SEO ign fuse. Im doing a 5.3 swap so it could quite possibly be something not hooked up or something I missed.

Please let me know if you found out why you kept blowing that fuse
Thanks!
Were you able to fix your problem and find out what it was? I’m having the same problem
Old 05-26-2023, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,022 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by gonejesus
Were you able to figure out what it was?
See Post #4.......

Quick Reply: LQ4 swap keeps blowing SEO IGN fuse?