Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Current Performance harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Current Performance harness

Hello,

A few months ago I purchased an LSX donor truck. It came with a 2000 5.3L engine and it will be going in my 1972 GMC C30 with an 1997 NV4500 5 speed gearbox. The harness had some labels missing off the harness. I have contacted Current Performance to assist in identifying the wires but I also wanted to reach out to you since I am planning on getting the truck running tomorrow morning. Also the ground wire on wire #8 seems like it was fried. Are they suppose to be bare?

Any helps in identifying some or all of these plugs will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Help with Current Performance harness-photo-11.jpg   Help with Current Performance harness-photo-21.jpg   Help with Current Performance harness-photo-31.jpg   Help with Current Performance harness-photo-41.jpg   Help with Current Performance harness-photo-51.jpg  

Help with Current Performance harness-photo-61.jpg   Help with Current Performance harness-photo-71.jpg   Help with Current Performance harness-photo-81.jpg   Help with Current Performance harness-photo-91.jpg   Help with Current Performance harness-photo-92.jpg  

Old 07-20-2015, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Something happened with it. #8 definitely fried. Anything else in harness bad? If thats only wire fried replace it. Its a ground that attatched back of engine. 7 & 8 look like oxygen sensor plugs. 6 is a coil harness plug and rest with are injectors. From best I can see in pic looks like 5 is crank sensor & solenoid wire. 2 is oil pressure. 1 probably cam sensor. Just go thru it plug everything on engine but put new wire in place of bad grounds. Cant tell from pics to well how bad it is but should be able to repair it.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

1) VSS
2) Reverse lock
3) AC compressor
4) Back-up lights? Hard to tell Colors should be LT GRN and BRN
5) Assume crank because starter sol wire is next to it. Colors should be LT GRN YEL/BLK and DK BLU/WHT
6) coil connector
7/8) HO2s
9) Assume cam with nothing around it. Colors should be BRN/WHT PNK/BLK and RED

No the ground cable shouldnt look like that. Id run a fresh one
Old 07-21-2015, 10:04 PM

Thank you both for your help. I will be running a new ground wire. Got her to crank today, hope to finish installing the fuel pump tomorrow and get it going.

Quick Reply: Help with Current Performance harness