Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1/LS6 4L60E 70 Chevelle Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1/LS6 4L60E 70 Chevelle Help Needed

Hey guys! 1st let me start by saying that I have Googled and searched this forum, pro-touring and Chevelles forums as well. I don't seem to find anything matching my situation 100%. Here's what I want to know:

1. I will be buying ALL NEW wiring for my Chevelle. On the engine bay side of the fuse panel are two connectors, one for the engine and one for the lights, etc. Is there ANYONE who makes a complete wiring kit for an LS1/4L60E swap that leverages that connector or do I have no choice but to abandon the fuse panel connection and go with a PSI type harness? I also plan on Dakota Digital gauges as well and would LOVE something compatible with that too.

2. I have an 02' stock LS6 coded block with 241 heads pulled out of an 02 TA for my conversion. It should have an LS6 intake and internals but my question is, do I bother with 243 or aftermarket heads or just go for a little FI? I'd like around 450FWHP without tearing into the motor too much as it's only got 39K miles.

My 70 Chevelle is not a show car, but a driver. I have blasted the frame and painted it, installed new bushings, installed a rebuilt 12 bolt with 373 gears, all new tubular front and rear control arms, all new front suspension, 13" disc brakes at all 4 corners, dropped 2" in front and 1" in the rear. It will never see a track, but will burn some rubber and also be driven long distances while wanting to use cruise control. It has 18x10 and 18x8 AR Torque Thrust 2.1 wheels on Nitto tires.

Thanks in advance guys!

Quick Reply: LS1/LS6 4L60E 70 Chevelle Help Needed