Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open space mock up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Default Open space mock up?

I have a swap done on a S10. I am wondering, does anyone have any cool ideas for a way to make a copy/mold of the open space in my engine compartment? I want to build a turbo setup, but want to be able to do it while my truck is still together, so I figured if I could make a model of what I currently have, I would be able to do that. It doesn't need to be extremely detailed, just enough so my crossover pipe doesn't interfere, and so I can fit my driver side manifold.

I have a spare engine on a stand already, I don't have the accessories on my spare engine. I am open to any ideas, so share!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Buy a beater truck with no engine,saw it off at the cowl and put a couple of casters on the back so you can wheel around the shop and it off to the scrapyard when you are done.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

Yeah, that is my next option, but then I need to buy another set of mounts as well. I have considered fiber glassing up a setup. I have done speaker boxes before, so laying some aluminum on stuff, and glassing on top is no problem, but I know there are guys who probably have better ideas.

Quick Reply: Open space mock up?