Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 ws6 trans am ls7 swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 ws6 trans am ls7 swap

Ok guys, was at a junk yard looking around for build parts. Guy told me he has a complete ls7 with all electronics he pulled from a totaled 2008 c6 z06 corvette with 73k miles. Guy said he bought the car from insurance company, the owner was drunk put it off in the ditch and rolled the vet. Said motor ran good when his guys pulled it. I got him down to $3k out the door for the motor. Is that a fair price? i see new short ls7 blocks for $2800. My main question here is...how hard would this swap be and a bucket list of parts and ball park price range to get it in my 2002 trans am. Will my t56 hook up to the ls7? Ill probably order a custom made plug and play harnesses. Just looking for some info to see if this would be to much of a hassle. Im going for the idea of just having a ls7 trans am. I know there more efficient and cheaper ways to get the stock power of a ls7 out of a different motor but i thought this would be awesome to pull up in a 427 7.0l trans am to places. My trans am is a 2002 ws6 6 speed. Throw some info out at me. idk much about the ls7 most my knowledge is in the ls1 and lq4/9 motors

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: 2002 ws6 trans am ls7 swap