Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Tombstone (OFFICIAL BUILD THREAD)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Tombstone (OFFICIAL BUILD THREAD)

Hello, and welcome to my most insane idea to date. Let me first introduce myself. My name is Jonathan and I am 19 years old. My first car was a 1988 Saab 900 Turbo convertible. I got this car mid 2008 and have held on to the car ever since. On March 31st 2012 I had lent the car to my uncle for 2 weeks until he got a vehicle, and the transmission had decided it did not want to live anymore. I could have either A: put a new transmission in the car and continued to drive it under a weak trans or B: go all out mental race car build with the car. Late 2013 comes around, and I finally made my decision. I went with B. After I had made my decision, I spent a few months considering my options on what power plant to go with. I finally made my decision May of 2014. I have formally decided to go with a 5.3 Vortec as the main power plant with the intentions on adding some boost. It is now 2016, and my build is about to transition from the idea process, to the actual building process. The car will be undergoing serious modifications and fabrication in order to best withhold the power I am putting within. I have a full 5.3 already sourced for a great price and should be picking it up within the next 3 months (Bunch of priorities coming up.) I hope you all are intrigued by this build, and I will update everyone with content as it comes along. Have a wonderful day/evening/night everyone!

This is what the car looked like mid 2011.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How'd it go?

I am curious to know if this was successful because I am thinking about ls swapping my 89 saab 900. I know 4 years later it's unlikely you will see this but if you do please let me know if you ran into any serious issues in the process.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts

It's been nearly 5 years since the original post, I doubt anything came of it. Nice bump from the dead though.

Quick Reply: Project Tombstone (OFFICIAL BUILD THREAD)