Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Milk Money

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 Milk Money

Good Day to all. I have finally saved enough milk money to be serious about dropping in an LS3 in my 81 Elky. At this point it looks like GMPP may have the better deal $$$ but I am not sure I need to purchase the engine/tranny combo. I may just buy the LS3 engine and wait for the tranny buy later because there is still much work to be done on the frame off mod. But looking ahead I have a question regarding the LS3. It looks like all the wiring, ECM, CAT and accelerator pedal is inclusive which is great. My question is how much of the wiring has to be plugged in in order to start the engine up? Since I will be mocking it up in the frame, will I be able to start it up with a minimal of wiring connections? Its just me being anxious once the engine arrives but I don't want to harm the engine by doing something stupid.

And yes, once this project gets started I will be posting pics and progress reports. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech, If your wanting the motor to run right then I would say every connector should be plugged in. This will not take much time to do. Other then the plugs the harnesses are fairly easy to wire up in order to fire the motor. You'll basically have a constant power, ignition power, grounds and a fuel pump to connect other then the actual engine sensor plugs.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I was hoping I didn't have to hook everything up just to hear it turn for a bit. But that's okay, I can wait a little longer until she gets done. My first LS motor and its waaaay different setup than my old school rats back in the day. By the way that's a sweet firewall grommet and clean compartment. Thanks again and enjoy...Al

Quick Reply: LS3 Milk Money