Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi brand new to the site heres the story.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi brand new to the site heres the story.

Hi i am new to the site. I watched an episode of roadkill and fell in love with thier muscle truck. So some time in december i went on the hunt for a stepside. I had 2 old motorcycles i had gotten cheap and fixed up and had little time or money to burn. I started searching craiglist and found an 80s short wide in connecticut. They wanted 1200 for a roller that was half way in the junk yard , wiring that was barely thier and hacked and quick fixed. I took the plunge amd rented a trailer and barrowed my buddys truck and made the trip with my stepdad. I left work at 2 that day. Told my boss straight up i was going to get a truck. I work at a ground turbine business as a tig welder. I got back at midnight in the rain that night. The next couple months injumped the gunnand was trying to find quick cheap deals. I dont recomend this. I ended up with a tbi which i sold later. An 99 mpfi small block with faulty injectors attached to what i now know is a good 4l80e. These both went in and out of th e truck. After i took out the mpfi small block i was decided to use some patience. I came from the scrap yard business and a buddy of mine had a 99 silverado rusted to bits with a good lq4 in it. He drove it to my house and 13 hours later that night i had my motor it hasmt been easy and this isnmy very first full vehicle build but ive learned a ton and this and a few other sites have been a life saver. With 2 kids and a girl at home im 28 floating a house and doing the stand up thing. My garage is my peace and quite and all the stress melts away. I traded a motorcyle in had fixed 2 years agonbut bought for 800 . Bought a tbi for 300 sold for 250 bought a 99 vortec mpfi sbc and 480le for 500. Pulled the lq4 for 400. So im at 1750 if you count the bike but i bought that 2 years ago so its not real money to me. Stripped everything from the truck and painted and primed the frame in reverse order. And have done everything myself except for a few times my buddy came over and gave me a hand. Ill post all my pictures. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this site.if nothing else ive saved one of these trucks from the crusher for sure.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hi welcome to site. These trucks are easy to Ls swap. Slider mounts and a set of shorty headers is what I found works well. Lt1Swap.com is big help on wiring. I used 91 suburban dash cluster for its electric speedometer(change wires around on plug). Also I have a Suburban tank in mine. Just put Silverado pump on sender from mine being TBI injected.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Hey thanks yeah right now stock manifolds are in and stock harness buts its running and drivong with the 6.0 in it more lics soon. I messed up the 480le plug during the 2 in and outs does anyone know where i can get the little tiny wire pins that are in the plug side.?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try these guys. I have used them in the past. https://www.eficonnection.com/eficon...n/default.aspx
Old 01-19-2016, 06:01 AM
Teching In

Here i ysed almost everything from a 99bsilverdao
Attached Thumbnails Hi brand new to the site heres the story.-20160118_190309.jpg   Hi brand new to the site heres the story.-20160117_213155.jpg   Hi brand new to the site heres the story.-20160117_213219.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hi brand new to the site heres the story.