Sponsored by:

Info on tr6060 conversions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on tr6060 conversions

Hey everyone,
I am new to this site and am looking for info on making the tr6060 trans work in my 66 Chevelle. It's out of a 2013 ZL1 with the las infront of it. My reasearch shows the D&D Performance kit won't work.
I can get a shifter that mounts at the 4 bolt mid plate, a driveshaft adapter, and a mount spacer, but is there a better way? Does anyone make a kit for the newer trans? What do I do with the speedo?
Don't really want to spend another $3000 on a Magnum trans especially as the stock trans is built for the motor.
Any help would be appreciated.
As for the rest of the build it includes a fully boxed frame, narrowed and mini tubbed rear, 12 bolt posi, Hotchkiss suspension front and rear, wilwood brakes, vintage air, and whatever else I can build into it.
It's still on the rotisserie.
Thanks again for any help you can throw my way.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Try contacting this guy; he puts a gear-driven speedometer in the tailhousing :

A guy named Dan, his screen name is "Alloy" on TeamChevelles.com or Chevelle.com I paid around $360.00 including round trip shipping, but this about 1.5 years ago, I don't know if he is still doing them, I think his email was alloyspecialties@yahoo.com
Old 05-22-2016, 03:45 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Dan (alloy) doesn't build TR6060s but he does a fine job on tailhousing mods.

The D&D kit would be okay, but do nothing to shorten the deeeeep 5th gen bellhousing. That's a negative to the late model bellhousings, especially the extra deep integral versions.

Having done the 5th gen TR6060 conversion to direct-fit-4th gen build, I'll say:

Given the parts cost to convert yours, and it's a less common gearset, the logical thing to do would be sell it and pick up a Magnum. The only negative to this is lack of a pump.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 306 Likes on 206 Posts

Dakota Digital makes this ECD-100 for your speedo.

It works well...way better than the old "cable-X" boxes...
Old 05-29-2016, 02:51 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the input. Dakota digital is definetly on my call list. Does anyone have the manufacturer of the driveshaft adapter?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Info on tr6060 conversions