Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

83 foxbody 5.3 turbo with manual transmission

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 83 foxbody 5.3 turbo with manual transmission

How is it going? So I've been reading here for a while now, just made an account now that I have some money for my build. I got an 83 mustang gt, an lm7 with the computer, wiring harness, all the accessories, and the truck manifolds.
Parts I have as of now:
AJE K member
AJE motor mounts
AJE spring perches
LS1 Car intake manifold
I have a th350 but I'm going manual transmission
Radiator and electric fans
Parts I need for the swap:
Oil pan (from a camaro? Maybe aftermarket)
Tranny (t56 magnum or tremec 6060)(6 speeds are pretty cool)
Cam (NEED HELP ON THIS)
Fuel rails and injectors (camaro, not sure on the lb/hr)
Turbo/ turbo kit
I'm not sure what else off the top of my head.

I have 4 grand to spend with some wiggle room to spend more but obviously the cheaper the better except where things shouldn'tbe skimped out on.

I've seen a few turbo 5.3 fox's on here but none with a manual transmission or a real detailed post with which parts to buy.

Right now I want to get a cam since the engine is still on the stand, I've heard mixed reviews of the ls6 cam and that it falls on it's face after 5500 rpm. I'm kind of looking for something that will go good with forced induction but won't suck while the car is still naturally aspirated (The car would probably stay naturally aspirated for a very short time to get everything running and work out all of the little details).

I appreciate all of the help in advance I'm hoping to get this project done by the end of this month (running and driving whether it's turbo'd yet or not). I will keep you guys updated!!
Old 06-07-2016, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

If you want a manual transmission the majority of your $4k will be gone real quick.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

manual is fun but will cost you a lot unless you come across a smoking deal on a trans. I would call brian tooley or ljms and talk to them about the cam. they are the experts after all lol.

Quick Reply: 83 foxbody 5.3 turbo with manual transmission