Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new guy with a question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy with a question

Hey guys great site with alot of info. I'm happy to be a part of it. I just put a 2001 5.3 into my 75 blazer k5. So far had a few hiccups like most. Now I just realize fan 2 is acting weird. There single speed 2 fan setup but when fan 2 comes on it just keeps clicking the relay. Can I just run fan 2 wire to fan 1? Thanx
Old 06-28-2016, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the relay is clicking then the problem is on the secondary side of the relay. Do you get power to the fan when the relay is on? Can you jump the secondary side of the relay and get the fan to come on? Does it have a good ground? This is all assuming you have it wired correctly in the first place. What's your wiring like? The factory F-body system uses a 3 relay system to run the fans either in series (low) or parallel (high). This causes both fans to always come on at the same time.

I wouldn't just hook up the second fan to the first one. Fans pull a lot of current and you will probably burn up the relay or blow the fuse.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I switch the relay plugs still did it i think fan 2 is the issue.i ran the fan 2 wire which is the trigger wire to fan 1 trigger. I had them set up fan 2 to trigger when ac is on but I haven't installed the ac yet

Quick Reply: new guy with a question