Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 door hard top 61 Impala 5.3 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I should take some pics to share but since I have a minute I'll update without. I added an all star performance 7" booster with a corvette dual pot master, and the brakes are pretty darn good now! Still have a disc swap in mind for the future but for now its quite driveable. I really haven't done much to it since my last update. I discovered the alternator had a bad diode in it causing the voltage to do weird stuff! Once I replaced that the tail chasing with tuning stopped, Its still far from perfect but far more driveable and I feel like I will get it there eventually. I broke a spider gear in the rear end doing 1 wheel burnouts I put all the pieces back in place and welded it up! Actively searching for a 9" now though as I'm sure it won't last long. I've been daily driving it for a month or so now, I put an air filter on it and still have it making 5lbs on gate. Still loving it!! I plan to drive it to MN to visit some family in the end of July, and I just reserved a house for the weekend of the Woodward Dream Cruise!! (hopefully I'll be where with the impala but one way or another I'll be there) I just ordered all 4 springs, shocks and all the bushings for the front suspension, waiting on the rear bushings until I have a rear end, I'll brace up the crossmember, add the upper control arm and do all the bushings in one project at that time. (Then I'll throw a broom and dustpan in the trunk and turn up the boost )
Old 06-29-2017, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Badass that you've been daily driving it! I'm looking forward to doing the same.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I put 4 new springs, shocks and all new front suspension bushings in, I just received the mounts to weld on a 9" from currie, hoping to hold off on that until this winter! What a difference those things already made though!!

Anyone have a good photobucket alternative?

Last thing, having difficulties dialing in this tune.. It idles super rich, not sure what to do about that, changing the minimum injector pulse didn't seem to change anything. The other major issue, is that everything is pretty darn good until I put it in boost once, then its pig rich again until I restart it, then its perfect again until it goes in boost. Its as if the boost hysteresis is out of whack, (i found that searching, describes my issue perfectly but doesn't seem to be the case for me). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Here is the tune,
the first log is where I thought I had it pretty close to dialed in, the second log its all good, I put it in boost, and its way rich afterwords.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
GOOD!!!.hpl (19.3 KB, 31 views)
File Type: hpl
no idea.hpl (11.3 KB, 43 views)

Quick Reply: 4 door hard top 61 Impala 5.3 turbo