Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best retrofit tank and fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best retrofit tank and fuel pump

I have been looking at a tank and fuel pump for my 68 Chevelle. It seems like Holley, Aeromotive are using the Tanks Inc tanks. But my question is which is the best as far as reliability and performance. Holley Sniper tanks are the cheapest at around $500 with a 255 pump. Aeromotive is more with a 340 pump at around $750. And Tanks Inc
Old 12-20-2016, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 461rat
I have been looking at a tank and fuel pump for my 68 Chevelle. It seems like Holley, Aeromotive are using the Tanks Inc tanks. But my question is which is the best as far as reliability and performance. Holley Sniper tanks are the cheapest at around $500 with a 255 pump. Aeromotive is more with a 340 pump at around $750. And Tanks Inc
Check out a Restomod tank, they are stamped steel and accept a 5th gen. Camaro fuel module, and are a bolt in deal for your chevelle, they also make custom tanks in $tainless $teel, can't beat the reliability and availability of o.e.m. equipment. They are made by Ricks Tanks.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Someone is selling a Rick's tank over on pro-touring for a bit under a grand I think. If the budget is there that's the route I'd take.
The tank is an empty metal box so reliability is dependent on the pump, which in most cases is something that can be easily changed so it comes down to whether you want to put the pieces and parts together or let someone else. After ditching the spectre tank I went with the Aeromotive tank and have no regrets. Just give the pump its own dedicated power supply and most any pump should work. Depends on your application of course.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want a bolt in factory tank. And with that it seems all three that I mentioned are using the same tank and its powered coated. The difference being the pumps which are a Aeromotive 340lph vs a Walbro 255 pump.

I've had good luck with Aeromotive in the past, but can't argue with the Walbro pump and the $250 or so less it costs.

My motor will be around 550 hp (6.0 AFR 205 heads,cam,headers) So that's a factor as well in the pump. Seems like I may be pushing the 255 pump from what I have gathered.

Quick Reply: Best retrofit tank and fuel pump