Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SC300 LS/LT Swap, Sikky Manufacturing

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 LS/LT Swap, Sikky Manufacturing

Hello everybody! This is my first post on these forums, and I come here asking for a series of questions and opinions regarding my current car. I'm a long time lurker of forums such as these but unfortunately after a lot of searching around on Clublexus, Supraforums, and even LS1Tech, I haven't found exactly the answers I'm searching for.

As I mentioned earlier, I was searching around on Lexus/Supra related forums because I'm the owner of a 1995 Lexus SC300. I absolutely adore this car, it's very comfortable, solidly built, and I very much enjoy the styling.

What I do not like about this car, however, is its performance capabilities, and autotragic transmission in stock form.

I am fully aware the capability of the stock engine with some certain modifications, namely turbo-2JZ internal swaps and high boost. I am also aware of the plethora of transmission swaps that are totally viable, including but not limited to the R154, V160, and even the Nissan 350z/Infiniti G35 CD009 transmissions!

However, I've always had a huge soft spot for the LS-line of motors. Lightweight in aluminum form, roaring V8 exhaust note, and an eeeendless supply of aftermarket options. Not to mention the T-56 transmission is coveted for its ability to hold high power, just like the CD009, with just a clutch upgrade.

Sikky manufacturing makes a swap kit for this specific chassis, among others. I'm not sure the forum posting rules here, but most places disallow the direct link to the manufacturer's website. I'm sure that you folks know who Sikky is, and their knowledge in putting the heart of American performance in well-handling Japanese platforms.

My question is, for this specific application with anyone familiar, is what all needs to be done besides what is provided in the swap kit?

The kit provides an oil pan that will clear the sub frame without modification. It also includes motor and transmission mounts. If I understand CORRECTLY, it's essentially a drop-in swap. What I THINK needs to be done still, is simply electrical wiring to plug in the LS engine into the SC electronics.

Electronics don't scare me. I can read an electrical diagram and figure it out slowly, step-by-step. If it's an utter hassle that I simply don't feel comfortable overcoming by simply throwing time and effort at it, I will contact another aftermarket company to create the harness for me.

What I can't do on my own, currently, is welding, and serious cutting. I simply don't have the tools or proper training to do it; the latter can be remedied with practice and discipline, the former is a little bit harder to fix. Regardless, even if I did somehow acquire the tools, I don't feel comfortable enough as a novice to do it on my own just yet.

I'm mechanically inclined and not afraid to get dirty, and having the car down for a little while isn't a huge concern since I have another car to drive. However, if serious welding and home fabrication needs to be done on my end to do this swap myself, I may simply have to settle for boosting my stock motor. Such a tragedy, right?

With the Sikky kit purchased, other than the proper wiring harness (and obviously donor motor/trans), what other parts are needed to do this conversion successfully?

Thanks for any helpful responses guys. I'm sorry for the total noob question But if I hadn't reached my wit's end on google and forum searching, I wouldn't be making this post. I specifically made this LS1Tech account to ask this specific question to gather more specific knowledge, and perhaps start a build thread once I come across the funds to get down to business.

Again, thank you very much for any helpful responses. Trolls and flaming welcome too, I understand the new guy on the block needs to get beat a bit before anything useful can come of it. Trials and tribulations.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the interest in our kit.

I'll run down a couple of things for you:

Wiring -

As of this point in time there are no "plug and play" harness for the sc300 as there are for the 240's and 350z's we sell kits for. So you'll need to go with either a standalone engine managment system, or go with a universal harness from wiring specialties or speartech. This will give you the least amount of work possible to deal with.

Exhaust-
We offer stainless steel headers for this swap to make it as easy as possible. Off of these you should be able to pay and local exhaust shop to build the exhaust your way.

Cooling system -

Some guys choose to run the stock radiator and it works with some success. Typically I recommend going to a decent aftermarket unit like CSF or mishimoto. You'll need to source hoses for the swap yourself. Most people will end up going to a local parts store to get these.

Drive train-
We offer engine mounts and trans mount for this swap to offer an easy bolt in installation with the use of a T56 transmission. We also supply a driveshaft as well to hook up to the factory rear end. Taking all of the guess work out of the swap for you. We also supply an oil pan to work with the factory crossmember. The clutch master cylinder will need to be connected to the LS slave.

Fuel System-
Typically I recommend installing an aftermarket fuel pump in your car, something like an AEM 320 or along those lines. You'll also need to mate the factory lines to the engine and install an aftermarket regulator.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

P.S. were selling our test vehicle if your interested. Just a stick shift 92 SC300 roller
Old 02-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Default Thanks!

Hey, thank you very much for the rapid response SikkyMFG! That cleared the fog on a lot of things I was concerned about. I very much appreciate the response.

Quick Reply: SC300 LS/LT Swap, Sikky Manufacturing