Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 going in 2000 Silverado - What do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Default LS6 going in 2000 Silverado - What do I need?

I'm picking up a new motor today for my pickup. It's basically an LS6. LS1 block, crank, rods, new pistons. LS6 cam, and heads off a Z06, milled and some bowl work. Will probably be sticking with my factory intake and exhaust manifolds for now.

What do I need to know to get this thing in and running? Truck currently runs ok. Is there anything that I need to change?

Are my injectors and fuel pump OK for this thing? Stock motor is rated at 270 crank, this one should be low 400's.

Is it going to start and run on the tune I currently have? I know it's gonna need work, but will it actually fire without fng anything up? It's a mail order Black Bear tune, don't really know what was done to it but shouldn't be too different from stock.

All of my accessories should just bolt right up correct? Just want to know what I need to know and have whatever I need in hand before I start the swap.

Last edited by AnotherWs6; 06-23-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should swap right in, injectors will be ok unless your hot rod ding all the time, but for a daily ok. It will run as we've swapped stock motors with different v8 tunes and they run. An ls6 has a bigger cam so maybe that may be an issue.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Any differences that I would need to know about block wise? I'm assuming that the 4l 4wd trans should bolt up the same, just new to LS motor swapping.

Quick Reply: LS6 going in 2000 Silverado - What do I need?