Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

70 nova turbo ls / under trunk mounted radiator input wanted

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Default 70 nova turbo ls / under trunk mounted radiator input wanted

Hey guys, have a build thread here going, and I’ve made the decision that I want to do a remote mount radiator. I have some very crudely drawn pictures to help illustrate my ideAs. I’d like some input on any idea you may have to make things better.

First up, the easiest way to run my lines would be one on each side of the car. But, if I do that , the cold side would have to run right along side my aluminum 4” exhaust, and I feel like the line would absorb a significant amount of heat from that. So, I can run them both on the driver side. I am using 1 1/2 copper pipe, which should also help dissipate heat. The ends at each port on the water pump and radiator will be flexible stainless.

Next, fans. I’ve been reading for days on the 4x4 forums of people running bed mounted radiators with a Taurus fan and having zero issues. I have a Taurus fan, and I have had great luck with them as well. This radiator I bought cane with two little pos fans, I’d like to mount the Taurus fan right too the existing shroud, bet cut the marked edge of the Taurus shroud off and extend it over to totally cover the radiator. Good idea?

As pictured, I thought of maybe sealing the radiator to the bottom of the trunk, while leaving the front dropped from the floor about 6”, and leaning it open to act as a scoop to funnel air over the rad while driving. But, I am unsure how much airflow there actually is in that area, if that’s a waste of time or not. Thoughts?

The radiator will sit at an angle forward down, so the end by the bumper will be highest. Do I want the low pressure cold side, at the high end, or the pressure hot side at that end? Heat rises, aomto speak, but my mind tells me I want the high end to be incoming hot water, like the factory had it.

Quick Reply: 70 nova turbo ls / under trunk mounted radiator input wanted