Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaking of hybrids...

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaking of hybrids...

So, just bought an 09 Tahoe hybrid. Hooked it up to hp tuners but doesn't seem to be much support for it. From what I gather it's an all aluminum 6.0 with 243 heads, could be a little monster with some boost. Anyway, thinking ahead, I may entertain a project of pulling out that hybrid trans and throwing a 4l70 at it with some turbo action. Anyone have any experience in this field or know links to any builds like this? I know I'll need pcm, harness, power steering pump and alternator, should be pretty straight forward. Thoughts?
Old 11-16-2017, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

The hybrid drive is on the flywheel on that one isn't it? I'd sell it and buy a non hybrid if you want to avoid the hybrid part, its worth too much as a hybrid in some areas,, Gets you the express lane sticker! FWIW ,, last I saw the hybrid extends the life of the tranny significantly on the GM trucks...

Always wanted to fiddle with one just cause.. If you could covert control of the hybrid to manual,, that would be cool, who can't use more torque!? More like the 7 series Beemer hybrid, its for power not economy.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually really like it ! It's fast (relative) abbr quiet and comfy. I'm not changing anything for now, but if something goes bad with the hybrid later on I might play. I would like to throw a nice exhaust system on it, wonder what that would sound like switching from hybrid? Yeah, I'd heard good things about that 2ml70. It will get a chance to shine towing my ls3 swapped cj7 to and from the trails!

Quick Reply: Speaking of hybrids...