Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls swap OBS Chevy help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls swap OBS Chevy help

Hey guys I'm fixing to start my first swap. I've purchased a 5.3/4l60e from a 2008 Tahoe. I was wondering what y'all did to keep the guages working? I'm going to be running a factory harness modified to be stand alone. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

I just used the stock truck sensors and adapters as necessary and had everything but the speedo and tach working. Realize the tach was probably because I needed to add a diode but with my new gauges I've got GPS speedo so can't help much with that.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

2008 model speedo and tach will most likely be your only problem. If u want it right might be easier to break down and by some nice gauges. Dakota digital makes a obd2 interface tht will provide the gauges with everything it needs. Cleaner and easier to install.

But another thing. Some of the obs trucks came with 60e trans starting in 93. If u can get a cluster from them u can probably get everything to work.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Only thing i have ever ran into with the newer than 07 swaps is the canbus wiring. They dont use obd2 like the older ls platforms. Since yours is most likely canbus, the only way to make the gauges work correctly will be with either speedhut gauges or dakota digital.

With an ls around 2004 u could have used everything factory for your gauges. I know all this bc we just swapped a 2004 avalanche with a 2013 6.2/6l80e. I build the harness myself. Couldnt get gauges to work. Had to send cluster to dakota digital for there canbus hardware. It was the only way to have a factory cluster and work correctly.

Dang sorry for all of the rambling lol. Good luck!!
Old 02-18-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
2008 model speedo and tach will most likely be your only problem. If u want it right might be easier to break down and by some nice gauges. Dakota digital makes a obd2 interface tht will provide the gauges with everything it needs. Cleaner and easier to install.

But another thing. Some of the obs trucks came with 60e trans starting in 93. If u can get a cluster from them u can probably get everything to work.
Thanks for the input I am doing the swap into a 94' it has the 4l60e but my trans is fixing to go i have the trans and engine from the 2008 I was told something can be changed to make my speedo work it ....I have everything else figured out just the tach and Speedo is my main concern
​​​​​​